December 2020 - Present
Dr. Agnieszka Chmielewska earned her Ph.D. in Materials Science and Engineering from the Warsaw University of Technology (WUT) in Poland. Her research is focused on additive manufacturing technologies (aka. 3D printing), most of all laser powder bed fusion, and binder jetting. She performs comprehensive computer modeling processes related to additive technologies, starting from the creation of a model of the fabricated element, optimization of support structures, and preparation of batch files for the devices. She has a strong experience with the selection of fabrication parameters for both currently used and new metals and their alloys, as well as the development of post-process treatments including mechanical, chemical, and electrochemical treatments. She conducts comprehensive material characterization studies using i.e. light microscopy, scanning electron microscopy, computed tomography, and X-ray research methods. She is an expert in CAD modeling based on veterinary and clinical CT data for use in designing and fabricating patient-specific medical devices and surgical guides. Within her research at the OSU she works on additive manufacturing of NiTi alloy and bioabsorbable magnesium alloys for biomedical applications.
- A. Chmielewska, B. Wysocki, J. Buhagiar, B. Michalski, B. Adamczyk-Cieślak, M. Gloc, W. Święszkowski, In situ alloying of NiTi: Influence of Laser Powder Bed Fusion (LBPF) scanning strategy on chemical composition, Mater. Today Commun. 30 (2022) 1–7. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.mtcomm.2021.103007.
- Chmielewska, B.A. Wysocki, E. Macdonald, D. Dean, Laser powder bed fusion ( LPBF ) of NiTi alloy using elemental powders : the in fluence of remelting on printability and microstructure, (2021). https://doi.org/10.1108/RPJ-08-2021-0216.
- Chmielewska, A. Dobkowska, E. Kijeska-Gawrońska, M. Jakubczak, A. Krawczyńska, E. Choińska, A. Jastrzębska, D. Dean, B. Wysocki, W. Święszkowski, Biological and Corrosion Evaluation of In Situ Alloyed NiTi Fabricated through Laser Powder Bed Fusion ( LPBF ), Int. J. Mol. Sci. 22 (2021) 16. https://doi.org/10.3390/ijms222413209.
- Chmielewska, B. Wysocki, P. Kwaśniak, M.J. Kruszewski, B. Michalski, A. Zielińska, B. Adamczyk-Cieślak, A. Krawczyńska, J. Buhagiar, W. Święszkowski, Heat Treatment of NiTi Alloys Fabricated Using Laser Powder Bed Fusion (LPBF) from Elementally Blended Powders, Materials (Basel). 15 (2022) 15. https://doi.org/10.3390/ma15093304.
- Chmielewska, A. Jahadakbar, B. Wysocki, M. Elahinia, W. Święszkowski, D. Dean, Chemical Polishing of Additively Manufactured, Porous, Nickel–Titanium Skeletal Fixation Plates, 3D Print. Addit. Manuf. (2021) 10. https://doi.org/0.1089/3dp.2020.0209.
- Chmielewska, T. Macdonald, H. Ibrahim, T. McManus, J. Lammel Lindemann, P. Smith, L. Rong, A. Luo, R. Advincula, W. Swieszkowski, M. Elahinia, D. Dean, Biocompatibility of a novel heat-treated and ceramic-coated magnesium alloy (Mg-1.2Zn-0.5Ca-0.5Mn) for resorbable skeletal fixation devices, MRS Commun. 10 (2020) 467–474. https://doi.org/10.1557/mrc.2020.46.
- Shaqour, Ż. Górecka, A. Chmielewska, B. Wysocki, M. Heljak, M. Gernaey, B. Verleije, K. Beyers, C. Vervaet, E. Choińska, W. Święszkowski, P. Cos, Novel design for an additively manufactured nozzle to produce tubular scaffolds via fused filament fabrication, Addit. Manuf. (2021) 102467. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.addma.2021.102467.
- Zglobicka, A. Chmielewska, E. Topal, K. Kutukova, G. Jürgen, P. Krüger, C. Kilroy, W. Swieszkowski, K.J. Kurzydlowski, E. Zschech, 3D Diatom – Designed and Selective Laser Melting ( SLM ) Manufactured Metallic Structures, Sci. Rep. 9 (2019) 1–9. https://doi.org/10.1038/s41598-019-56434-7.
- Wychowański, A. Starzyńska, P. Adamska, M. Słupecka-Ziemilska, B.K. Sobocki, A. Chmielewska, B. Wysocki, D. Alterio, G. Marvaso, B.A. Jereczek-Fossa, J. Kowalski, Methods of topical administration of drugs and biological active substances for dental implants—A narrative review, Antibiotics. 10 (2021) 1–21. https://doi.org/10.3390/antibiotics10080919