Animations and Renderings
NIST traceable calibration is an essential part of good laboratory practices and should be done at regular intervals on necessary lab instruments and equipment. Calibration records are important for performing uncertainty analyses.
- Integrated Service Solutions
- Steps and Requirements for Doing Calibration:
- Micro-pipette tips must be packed with their respective pipetters.
The following lab equipment needs to be certified on site:
Bruner Corporation is an on site contractor in the Biomedical Research Tower able to do this work. Contact Steve Rodriguez.
For major construction of the lab or office space, use a general contractor. Blake Harrison, the facility manager, can help set this up.
Brocon Construction was used in the past to cut-off the pass through boxes in 0015B and 0015C. Phone: 614-871-7300.
- Location is the same as the Lab Coat Laundry
- Must fill out this form to get embroidery done:
- Takes 4-6 weeks to complete request.
- Ohio State University
- Campus Microscopy & Imaging Facility (CMIF) | Capabilities: SEM, TEM, Confocal, Live-Cell Confocal, Multiphoton Confocal, Nuance Camera, and Brightfield, Darkfield, Phase Contrast, & Fluorescence LM.
- Center for Electron Microscopy and AnalysiS (CEMAS) | Capabilities: SEM, TEM, FIB, and XRD.
- Skyscan MicroCT in 386 Bevis Hall , 1080 Carmack Rd, Columbus, OH 43210 | Contact Dr. Richard Hart (email@example.com) | Capabilities: mCT.
- External Services
EHS guidelines mandate lab coats not be washed at home. Please use the current OSU contractor for lab coat cleaning:
- Collect all lab coats in need of cleaning and place in the red bag that is hanging with the coats in the lab. (Biohazard bags under the sink in the cell culture lab.)
- Take coats to the lab coat cleaning service, located on the 5th floor of Rhodes Hall.
- Directions: From the BRT, take 12th down to the medical center entrance as if you’re going to Wendy’s. From Wendy’s, turn right, and take the elevators to the 2nd floor. You can also take the stairs to the left before you reach the Wendy’s (follow map).
- Once off the elevators, if looking at the Walgreens pharmacy, turn right and follow the hallway down until you see an opening on the left (lobby of Rhodes Hall). Continue towards the front of the lobby to the elevators that are just past the gift shop to the right. Take these elevators to the 5th floor.
- Exit the elevator (you can only exit in one direction). There will be a sign for the “atrium”—do not go towards the atrium, but instead go the other way. Follow this hallway and at the end you will see a set of double doors on the left (you are essentially going to a hallway behind the elevators). The double doors lead to the staff elevators. Go through the double doors and there will be a small window/booth at the end of the hall to the right, where you can drop the coats off.
- • There will be bags there to put the lab coats in for cleaning. Put the lab coats in the plastic bags and DO NOT tie the opening.
- You will be asked to fill out a separate slip for each coat that has a different name embroidered on it. Note any stains or areas in need of attention on each specific coat.
- Make sure you put a phone number on each slip that you fill out. When the coats are ready, they will call you and tell you to come pick them up. The coats are sent out to a cleaning facility, and it may take 10-12 days.
Simple maintenance such as fixing a leaky faucet or wall mounting something is done via a work order using OneSource (OSUMC login required). Use the following for their respective fields:
- Requester Name: <osumc id> - FirstName LastName
- Cost Center: Plastic Surgery - 25940
- Business Unit/Location: College of Medicine
- Business Unit/Location (next field): Bio Research Tower 112
For emergencies or urgent requests, call: 614-293-8645.
- OSU Microscope Repair Service - Brian at 614-247-8291
- Poster Printing
- Step 1: go to this link and upload poster, for payment method select e-request
- Step 2: you will receive a quote (e-request) via email to send to Craig along with a notification to review a proof
- Step 3: go to the HSL and review the proof
- Step 4: pick up poster when ready
- Biomedical Research Tower
- 460 West 12th Ave., Rm. 1004
- Columbus, OH 43210 USA
- Phone: 614-688-9044
- Fax: 614-688-2195
- Location is the same as the Lab Coat Laundry
- Fill out sign out sheet, remember to sign scrubs back in after you return:
- When returning scrubs, put into a plastic bag and DO tie the plastic bag closed.
- Fiji Image Analysis
- Do not install it to a system folder such as c:\Program Files. Instead, install to a local directory.
- Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Lab related travel requests should be submitted as soon as travel is anticipated and/or at least a week in advance. Notify Rebecca Crisp and copy Dr. Dean (email@example.com) requesting travel.
Before you leave and for any other types of leave, you must submit the following leave form signed by you and Dr. Dean to Rebecca Crisp:
Travel and Reimbursements
Perhaps everything you need to know about uncertainty analysis: